Freshman Admission Timelines
Fall term decisions for first-time freshmen begin in December and continue until enrollment goals have been met.
It is recommended that students apply as early as possible to be considered for admission, university housing, and scholarship funding/need-based financial aid.
Early Action November 1
Scholarship Consideration February 1
- Early Action applies to fall semester freshmen only.
- Early Action is non-binding and provides students with an early decision without obligation to enroll.
- Prospective freshmen must submit their completed application package by November 1.
- Notification of admission will be mailed in December.
Regular Admission January 1 through April 1
- Scholarship consideration begins in early December and continues through February 1.
- Only students with complete application files will be considered for possible scholarships.
- Applicants selected to receive scholarship awards will be notified by mail.
Late applicants and wait-listed students
- Prospective freshmen will submit their completed application package no later than April 1.
- Notification of admission will be made on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
Student confirmation deposit and required housing contract May 1
- After April 1 late applicants and wait-listed students will be evaluated on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
- All admitted first-time freshmen wishing to reserve a seat in the freshman class must submit the following:
- A $200 nonrefundable enrollment confirmation paid through the online option after admission
- A $235 housing application fee & security deposit ($200 of which is refundable up to May 1) paid through the online option after admission
- Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of GC as their college choice, especially since room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority.
Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package.
Any students admitted after May 1 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
- Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Freshmen applying for spring entry are evaluated once the file is complete with all supporting documents received.
Evaluations and notifications are processed on a rolling basis.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible and well in advance of the posted deadline.
- Qualified students are admitted on a space available basis.
- Students will submit their complete application package by November 1.
- The enrollment confirmation deposit ($200) and housing contract, application fee and deposit ($235) are due by December 1.
- Freshmen entering spring semester will be required to live on campus for one semester.