This application consists of one or more additional forms available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
To view and/or print these documents (indicated by the
symbol) you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you have problems with Acrobat Reader, click here
for Acrobat Reader customer support.
To apply, please be sure to read all instructions and click link at the bottom of the page.
If you have taken undergraduate classes at VSU previously, DO NOT use this application. Use the following link:
VSU Undergraduate Readmission Form
Last updated: 9/25/2016 6:26AM PST
Steps for VSU Admission Process
- Complete and submit this online application
- Submit $40 application fee (Visa, Discover, or MasterCard)
- Complete and submit Immunization Form
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores
- Submit official high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended
Regular Freshman Admission Standards
- Test Requirement (either tests):
- Old SAT (taken before March 2016)
- 900 (Critical Reading + Math Scores)
- AND Critical Reading Score of 430
- AND Math Score of 400
- New SAT (taken March 2016 or after)
- 980 (Total Score on 1600 Scale)
- AND SAT Reading Test Score: 24
- AND SAT Math Section Score: 22
- 19 Composite Score
- AND 17 English subscore
- AND 17 Math subscore
- Grade Point Average
Required High School Curriculum
- Freshman Index (FI) requirement= 2040.
- FI = 500 x (HSGPA) + (ACT Composite x 42) + 88
- FI = 500 x (HSGPA) + SAT Verbal/Critical Reading + SAT Math
- For SAT tests taken March 2016 or after, a conversion process occurs to convert scores to be calculated for the Freshmen Index.
- Students must meet required high school curriculum requirements which will be determined upon evaluation of their high school transcript.
- Required by the Board of Regents to prove lawful presence in the US in order to receive in-state tuition
- Follow the above link for more information
- Request that the registrar from each institution attended, regardless of length of attendance or amount of credit earned, send an official transcript to VSU's Office of Admissions.
- Request that your high school counselor send a copy of your high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores if you have earned fewer than 30 semester hours of academic credit.
*If you have completed 30 semester hours of academic credit you must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on all attempted work.
Must submit a letter of good standing and transient permission instead of transcripts, but may be asked to meet transfer admissions requirements.
Applicant must have proof of having completed ELS Language Centers' Level 109, or a minimum score of 523 on the TOEFL (193 on the computer version) is required for admission.
Official copies of all secondary school transcripts.
These transcripts must be sent directly from the educational institutions to the Office of Admissions.
Official copies of all college transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an International Educational Evaluation Service before being sent to the Admissions Office.
A completed Certificate of Finances statement guaranteeing that the student will have a minimum of $16,500 (for nine months) available for personal and educational expenses.
The Certificate of Finances statement form is available from the Office of Admissions.
International students are also required to submit an application and application fee in U.S. currency and an immunization form.
Click here for additional information on the admission process.